A Natural History of Fairies
This enchantingly illustrated natural history of fairies, compiled in the 1920s by the botanist Professor Elsie Arbour for her niece, is now unveiled for readers of today.
Featuring a gold foil–embossed cloth cover, a ribbon marker, and sprayed gold edges, this gorgeous volume is filled with colorful sketches and precise notes detailing the secret life of fairies and their important role in the natural world.
Inside, you will discover the wide and wonderful array of different species of fairies around the globe and explore where and how they live. Delight in this hidden world as you learn all about:
- The anatomy of a fairy (Land-based fairies have individual, separated toes, just as humans do. However, many species of water fairies have webbed feet.)
- The life cycle of a fairy (When walking in the heather, be careful of the tiny flutterpillar of the Wicklow Fairy, decked out in greens and purples.)
- Clever fairy camouflage (Reed fairies living in wetlands usually wear striped clothes to hide among the tall reeds.)
- Fairies around the world (Meet the Lily Hopper of sub-Saharan Africa, the Queen Fairy of New Guinea, the Penguin Fairy of the Antarctic, and many more.)
- Fairy habitats (Fairies make their homes in all types of places: woodlands, jungles, deserts, the Poles, and even human homes.)
Concluding with a reminder that we must protect the endangered habitats of fairies, and all other creatures too, this is a book to be treasured for a lifetime.
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 64 pages
- Reading age : 5+ years, from customers
- Grade level : 1 - 5
- Item Weight : 1.65 pounds
- Dimensions : 10.75 x 0.65 x 12.3 inches
We carry clothing for baby and children, ranging from 0-12 years. Just as each kid is unique, each brand runs a bit differently so we wanted to give you size guidelines for each brand. You will also see size and fit listed in each description within a product. Not all of the brands we carry go up to 12 years of age and so not every piece on our site is available in those larger sizes. Currently, Gray Label goes up to 12Y and Winter Water Factory goes to 10Y. Thimble will have some styles in 8Y. Please feel free to contact us if we can help you further.
Size Guides by Brand